This time of year is all about…
- setting goals,
- making resolutions, and
- planning sessions.
These are traditionally a big part of the turn of a new year.
What else can you do to find success in 2019? I think we forget one critical path to achieving new goals…it is the HABITS we have.
If you want to be a leader that evolves and grows consistently, you must have the right habits. Intentional habits are essential to many things in life. Look at a person’s habits, and it will tell you a lot about that person.
My favorite tool for changing habits and tracking progress is old school. I have been using it for three years now. I love my wall calendar that shows the full year. I track my workouts, my nutrition, and my most important projects. I have a color coding that helps me see my consistency. If you want to change your momentum for 2019, you must be intentional about your habits.
Here is my calendar for the year. You can see where I was consistent and where I wasn’t.
If you want to get a calendar like this, use this link. I love my calendar. I am ready to get started on 2019.
How about you? I’d love to know what #habits you are tracking to make this next year epic.
Here is to an ahhhhhh-mazing 2019,
P.S. You want to make more money ( or better yet keep more money). You want more time off. You want to simplify your life. No matter what you do…track your habits on this calendar.
Gene Hammett is a Motivational Business Speaker, Author, and writes a Weekly column for Inc. Magazine. His Award-winning Podcast Leaders in the Trenches is heard by leaders all over the world. His newly released book, The Trap of Success gives all business owners a Guide to Success! Known for his ability to: “take an otherwise routine topic and make it new, exciting and captivating” Gene is seen as one of top Motivational Business Speakers around! To hire him for your next event, contact us today at 888-766-3155 or visit: Hire Gene Hammett
Incremental, optimization and “status quo” growth will eventually land you at the back of the pack.
“IBM found that 58% of market-leading CEOs are pursuing disruptive innovation for growth, not purely incremental improvements.”
Consider these questions:
- How risky is your business future at its current level of growth?
- Slow to powerfully capitalize on innovation and other growth initiatives?
- Are turnover and disengagement undermining your leadership results?
- How effective are change initiatives in your organization?
- Do you have a growth culture?
Beat incremental growth and “disrupt” the status quo with LEAP growth goals! Here is a new perspective to “See the Unseen” so you can Achieve The LEAP Ahead of the Pack!
Seeing goals differently.
Not all goals are the same. And, not all people see and understand different goal types. Consider goals as 4 different types, or, as 4 different goal strategies:
- Attract – It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you. This is the activity of many Public Relations, Celebrity or Authority building firms.
- Stretch – This is the familiar, look at the past and add X%. These goals are very past-based. Here, the future is the past, plus a little more. This is the most commonly used approach to setting a goal. And is the most incremental type of goal.
- Leverage – Having other people, strategy or technology to help you. Engaging professionals, having others as leaders are examples. Processes, vision and culture can all also be points of leverage.
- LEAP – Bold, all in, driven from the inside to achieve. People achieve from what they believe! Game changing, world changing, audacious. These goals can be entirely future-based with no grounding in the past. The place of freedom and creativity to discover. Here, we must inspire and sustain greatness in people to achieve LEAP goals. This is more focused on the commitment than the “how” since the “how” is not usually known at the start.
Perspective isn’t about new information, it’s about new ACCESS
We can no longer live in the afterglow of one big idea. The future will not favor the familiar. The tools to pioneer future business growth and sustainability are creativity and continuous renewal over continuous optimization.
Carl Loop- Carl is passionate about helping people “Achieve The LEAP.” When Carl was very young, he could jump really far, and became a bit of a celebrity in schoolyard competitions. People started calling Carl “Leaping Loop” and it has stuck ever since! Carl says: “The most amazing thing about what I do is help people ‘See the Unseen.’ It takes a new perspective! Perspective isn’t about new information, it’s about new access! Companies have profited by 10’s of $Millions of dollars from the work I do.” To have Carl Loop at your next event click here: Book Carl Loop
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
It’s easy to do what we see are the possibilities, but do you ever think about doing and living in the “I’m Possibles?” Think of those areas that you have put off-limits, the dreams and wishes that certainly can never be made into possibilities!
Today take the challenge and pull out the things that you have declared were impossible in your life, and turn just one into the reality of today! You won’t regret it, and you will find out, “it’s kind of fun!”
Happy New “YOU” Year!